Saturday, June 06, 2009

THE HACHI (OR, HACHIKO : A DOG'S STORY) POSTERS WON'T LEAVE ME ALONE

First there was this poster, and now there is the above (CLICK TO ENLARGE).

For the second time, the poster designer lined up Joan Allen's name with the image of a canine. Also for the second time, is an embarrassing looking Richard Gere staring into the eyes of a bored-looking dog. But can you blame the dog? Gere's probably rambling on about Tibet and the dog is all, "whatever man, I just wanna lick my balls." (I used to mumble the same thing to myself during Catholic mass on Sundays).

And what's up with the The Polar Express green screen?? Are the Japanese that easy to please? (Never forget this ridiculous Hancock poster...). According to the poster, Hachi comes out on 2009.8, which must be Japanese for August. If I can pull it off, I'd like to liveblog a screening of this film.

Poor Joan Allen (somewhere, Diane Lane is going "phew...").

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you notice the sredits under the picture. It is for the shippin news not Hachiko.

MovieMan0283 said...

I am making the rounds to remind everyone about the "Reading the Movies" exercise I started. I'm going to compile everyone's lists into one master list in a week or two, so jump in! The original post can be found here:

http://thedancingimage.blogspot.com/2009/05/reading-movies.html#links

Thanks.

Fox said...

Anon-

Wow. You have good eyes. Did they think they could just post any Lasse Hallestrom credits at the bottom and it would be fine? Bizarre.

MovieMan-

Thanks for the reminder. It's been in my head to do this, I just haven't pushed it out yet.

Rick Olson said...

Is "Hachi" really even a Lasse Halstrom film? Seems a little treacly even for him ...

Anonymous said...

Yes it is a Lesse Halstrom film. You can check out the US trailer here. It looks like it will be a very good movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaS37E3gKOU

Fox said...

Rick-

I think Anonymous may be LH himself!

Reel Whore said...

Poster 1 & 2 = bizarre, just bizarre.

Anonymous said...

My first test blog.
my first test blog
[url=http://tboardu.blog.hr] my first test blog [/url]

Yani said...

Hachiko: a dog story, the film is really the film that tells of loyalty and can also make me cry. great movies

Yani said...

hachiko : a dog story , film yang benar-benar film yang menceritakan kesetiaan dan juga bisa membuat saya menangis. great movies