I'm so glad that Pat over at Doodad Kind of Town tagged me today b/c it gives me an easy post to do on a weekend that has been tough to blog on. I'm at the beach, and our condo has the first wireless router ever made, so, - as you can imagine - it hasn't gone too well. But, really, it's like that couple in Open Water... I really shouldn't be on my computer when there are waves 100 feet in front of me, right?
And, wait, did I say easy? This isn't an easy post. In fact, it's gonna be quite difficult. Here are the rules for what is being called The "Other" 12 Movie Meme (via The Dancing Image):
***The challenge is as follows:
1. You must not have seen any of the films on your list, either in theatres or on video.
2. The films on your list should not be available on Netflix (this will be the criteria for "availability" since it's too hard to track down what's available where, to who, etc.)
3. You can organize the list however you want, in themed couplets like Piper's original list, or just as twelve semi-random films.
4. You must credit and link to my blog, Piper's blog for getting the original ball rolling, and for good measure, the guys at Out 1 for planting the seed.
5. Tag five people to keep the meme going.
6. If you're too lazy to follow all of these rules, but still want to participate, you have my blessing (the more the merrier). Except for the rule about linking to my blog. That you still have to obey.
Since I'm spoiled with the video stores in my town, this is gonna be REAL difficult... but fun as hell! So here goes:
6. Love Streams (1984, John Cassavettes)
7. Get To Know Your Rabbit (1972, Brian DePalma)
Scott, Rick, J.D., Da' Reel Whore, and Jonathan Lapper. Rip it, y'all!