Thursday, October 30, 2008

STRAW MEN, LAST MAN STANDING, OR A HAND SHAKE AND WALK AWAY?

A while back, blog buddy and recent marathon runner (!), Jason Bellamy, asked if I'd like to participate in an e-mail volley about documentaries. I told him "absolutely", but only on the condition that the work was pro bono. I just wouldn't feel right getting paid to blabber on about my view that documentaries equal "lazy cinema". (It took some arm twisting, but Jason finally ripped that $10,000 check in half).

So... did that "lazy cinema" label get your blood boiling???? GOOD! Because what I'm trying to do here is get you to click over to Jason's excellent blog The Cooler and get involved in the discussion.

But first... be sure to read the transcript that Jason's posted of our excited and geeky back-and-forth. Yes, it's rather long, but it's the weekend, and most of you are too old to go trick or treatin', so put on your favorite Halloween mask and come join us for some old people couch n' laptop fun (no, not that kind...).

Plus, the discussion is a perfect lead-in to next Tuesday's (that's November 4th!) highly-anticipated, much debated, and controversial episode of 90210.

P.S. Don't forget to participate in the Politics & Movies Blog-A-Thon that Jason is hosting from Nov. 4th - 9th.

4 comments:

EVIL CLOWN said...

Damn,

That girl in the photo looks just like my daughter.

Marilyn said...

So, I put a long and considered post on The Cooler about docs, and Nada. Zip. Zilch. Where's this great discussion that was supposed to ensue over the weekend? I blame YOU, Fox.

Fox said...

:o( I don't know.

It's out of my hands! I'll check with Jason and see if something happened to the comment section. Sorry about that Marilyn... I was looking forward to your thoughts.

Dr Purva Pius said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
2. Telephone Numbers:……….
3. Address and Location:…….
4. Amount in request………..
5. Repayment Period:………..
6. Purpose Of Loan………….
7. country…………………
8. phone…………………..
9. occupation………………
10.age/sex…………………
11.Monthly Income…………..
12.Email……………..

Regards.
Managements
Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com