Tuesday, October 21, 2008

LEDGER'S LAST WORD

It's nice to see this picture of Heath Ledger from his final film, The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus:


I don't know if he plays a clown in the film - in the photo he looks like a cross between the phantom of the opera and the mime from Children of Paradise (with jeans on) - but I like to think someone involved with the film released this still as a rejoinder to his unfortunate Joker role in The Dark Knight.

I wasn't a real fan of Ledger's, but I thought he was budding talent and was kind of bummed to see his last hurrah be of a stupid sadistic clown in a comic book movie. Who knows, maybe he plays a flat character in this movie too; it's the photo alone that I like...

... because in this photo, in my fantasy, it appears that Ledger has just walked through that glass darkly, taken a knee, removed the clown mask, and is giving a quiet, muted "fu*k you..." to Christopher Nolan and all his friends.

11 comments:

Rick Olson said...

Fox ... maybe, just MAYBE, the Batman fan-boys and girls have quit Googling the web with the words "Dark Knight" and "trashed," and you won't get tons of hate mail and your dog set on fire.

But I wouldn't count on it.

Fox said...

I will carry that torch until the day they all admit that I am right.

FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS!

EVIL CLOWN said...

Jeez Fox,

Haven't you read the reviews? I mean Heath was brilliant in that movie. He locked himself in an abandoned hotel room for like six years to prepare for that role. He was almost as good as Robert Vaughn in Superman III.

Soiled Sinema said...

Six years? I hope you mean months or weeks...

Fox said...

Evil Clown-

You are kind of a biased participant in this conversation, don't you think? I mean, being an evil clown you are probably BFF with The Joker!

Megan said...

God I'm tired of Batman.

elgringo said...

First, I'm with Megan.
Second, "Ledger has just walked through that glass darkly, taken a knee, removed the clown mask, and is giving a quiet, muted "fu*k you..." to Christopher Nolan and all his friends." made me smile like no other paragraph ever blogged.

EVIL CLOWN said...

Wait,

Elgringo, you're with Megan?

I thought Fox was with Megan.

Does Fox know this?

Fox said...

Lap it up, Evil Clown! Your days as as an... er, evil clown are numbered. At the stroke of midnight tonight you will go back to kind and polite Piper.

As for me and Megan, I don't e-mail and tell, ok? So back off.

And thanks Scott! ... but, um... have you and Megan, been... like, y'know... IMing and stuff??

Dougal said...

This won't have effect in fact, that's exactly what I believe.
major depressive disorder dsm | dallas zoo dallas tx | induced pluripotent stem cells

Dr Purva Pius said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
2. Telephone Numbers:……….
3. Address and Location:…….
4. Amount in request………..
5. Repayment Period:………..
6. Purpose Of Loan………….
7. country…………………
8. phone…………………..
9. occupation………………
10.age/sex…………………
11.Monthly Income…………..
12.Email……………..

Regards.
Managements
Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com