Tuesday, July 01, 2008

HE'S FITNA MAKE A SEQUEL

Dutch politician turned iFilm pseudo-movie maker Geert Wilders (you know, you never see he and Jonathan Couette in the same room at the same time...) has had a busy day...

FIRST, he announced that there will be a sequel to Fitna, the anti-Koran online-only short film that caused much less outrage than expected. Well, "much less" meaning: no fatwas against school teachers, nuns being shot, or embassies burned down. However, there was still the condemnation.

Which brings us to TWO. Wilders, today, was also cleared from having to face charges of "inciting hatred". Unsurprisingly, this didn't send happy feelings through the halls at the OIC (Organisation of the Islamic Conference) in Riyadh. No. In fact, they were "deeply annoyed":

---
"The decision ... encourages and supports the irresponsible defamatory style followed by some media outlets and instigates feelings of hatred, animosity and antipathy towards Muslims," the Saudi Arabia-based OIC, said in a statement.
---

Sorry Riyadh... until you allow women to drive, how 'bout steering clear of the comments on "hatred, animosity, and antipathy", okay? (NOTE: Supposedly - and that is a big 'ol SUP-POS-ED-LY - the driving band may finally be lifted this year.)

But that didn't stop the other kingdom - the Lil' Kingdom - of Jordon from charging Wilders with blasphemy

---
"He will be given 15 days to comply, otherwise, an arrest warrant might be issued through the Interpol." (Islam Online)
---

Pffft. Ewww.... Interpol!! Interpol's been threatening me over VHS dubbing for years now and I'm still fine.

But the best was from the Iranian government backed news source Press TV. In their story about Wilder escaping charges in The Netherlands, they attach the below picture:

Ah yes... nothing like protesters outraged over the incitement of hatred and violence while holding picket signs that show Wilder's face with fangs, a target, a two guns pointed at it.

2 comments:

elgringo said...

I'm pretty clueless about all the things you were talking about in this post, but I can tell you that I respect you enough not to pretend like I do. :)

I'm really just posting to tell you that I appreciated your comment on my blog and that the first picture you posted made me laugh out loud...but not in a good way, in an inappropriately loud burst sort of way. Thanks.

Scott
he-shot-cyrus.blogspot.com

Fox said...

Thanks man. My favorite compliment is when someone tells me I've made them laugh.

I enjoyed you blog too. Today was my first visit, but I plan on returning often.

I think comments are like the new "you've got mail!". Now e-mail is kind of a drag, but comments will always rule.