Wednesday, January 16, 2008

VINCENT GIALLO

Vincent Gallo, Ray Liotta (what a weird turn this guy's career has taken...), and Asia Argento are ready to star in a Dario Argento helmed, genre-comprehensive, english-language film (hopefully the kind without that awful Italian-style dubbing) called Giallo.

---
Argento’s latest thriller will revolve around serial slashings of some very attractive women being investigated by a solitary cop, played by Liotta, who engages in a cat-and-mouse game with the psychopathic perpetrator, played by Gallo. (Variety)
---

Yep! That pretty much sums up the entirety of giallo films.

I was watching The Church the other day - staring a 14 year old Asia Argento - and it made me wonder how much of her father's nepotistic casting had to do with her current image of a strung-out, smoke-throated, chanteuse.

I've always thought she was sexy (I'm drawn to that steel-heeled, barbwired rosary look), but now I feel a bit guilty for it. How much of that devil-may-care vibe of hers is a result of her dad's questionable parenting? I hope my urge to think of Argento's 1993 film Trauma - staring an 18 year Asia - as autobiographical is exactly just that:

An anorexic young woman escapes from a psychiatric clinic and meets a young man who wants to help. She is caught and returned to her parents, who are soon beheaded...

3 comments:

Aldous said...

It can't truly work, I think this way.
smoked sausage recipes | rave clothes | day bed

Elwyn said...

I fully match with whatever thing you have presented us.
hotels Asheville NC | installed updates | Bedford real estate

Raynard said...

In my view everybody must go through it.
dallas world aquarium discount tickets | dermatologists in houston | Dopamine Supplements